so, i am trying really hard to be cool mom....and embrace what will be memories for my children and get into it a little bit. so this year, we tried the embracing thing and it turned out to be really fun....
the festivities included our ward's trunk-or-treat which is brilliant....a night of delicious soups and then the kids walk about 50 wards from trunk to trunk harvesting candy and getting to see all the kids we know and love glowing with excitement over their costumes...i liked it!
![]() |
| gnomeo & juliet |
later that evening, i rounded up emma, two of year guy-friends, and our neighbor, yoo and we ventured into our first experience with eric's haunted forest he does for HRCA. i didn't go last year because i was preggo and not feeling so hot. it was a really good time. we had fun company and going through the forest was fun...it was well attended so it was rewarding to see eric's hard work come off a success...i was attacked by a werewolf about 50 yards in....i mean REALLY attacked...but i am married to that werewolf so i guess it was okay even though i was screaming and hitting him and telling him that he's not allowed to touch me:) it was fun that so many of the zombies and scarers knew me by name....eric's boss, mark followed us very closely for about 100 yards and totally freaked yoo out because he just walked really close to her the whole time:)....anyway, it was a fun night.
then, for fhe, we invited some friends last minute for some pumpkin carving and i made homemade doughnuts and fresh apple cider. it was delicious and fun and the kids enjoyed carving and eric made some lovely roasted pumpkin seeds from the guts. these doughnuts can really only be made once a year because they are heaven and i could eat them all night long.
![]() |
| how do i turn this thing? |
so, now we move forward toward thanksgiving....which has to be at one of my very favorite holidays with already a lot of plans in the works....so here we go...











2 comments:
I love Halloween, not because I grew up with it (and I never think of it as being a Pagan holiday any more than Christmas or Easter is since they were originally Pagan holidays too that were embraced by the Catholic church) but because my kids get to ask to be whatever they want, and I get to try to make that happen, and for us (and you too apparently as your celebration looked LOVELY) it's a family holiday that is all about the magic for the kids! It's about treats, anticipation, friends, being who you want to be, being giving (my kids LOVE handing stuff out to trick or treaters)and participating in a community activity that is one of the few that brings everyone out just so that the children can have a good time. (I completely ignore the other side of Halloween where women feel pressure to prove their value through the exploitation of their bodies, THAT is not the purpose as far as I am concerned.)
I can't believe you MADE donuts! I mean I CAN believe it, but really, who makes donuts??? The amazing Janine Grover. That's who.
Post a Comment