Monday, February 24, 2014

8:12pm

We are winding down for the evening.  I sit here listening to Caleb doing legos in his room and belting "Let it Go" mostly on key...but my favourite part would have to be the whistling section he has added.  I can also hear Maryn and Adam rinsing off in the shower and giggling after hot tubbing tonight for our FHE activity.

The end of the day is always exhausting and I get to a point where I just NEED everybody to be in bed and have a chance to "clock out".  Of course, then my homework will commence but at least it will be quiet.

It's been a great day.  After a CR-azy weekend, I have let the dust settle today. I've enjoyed time playing the piano and singing, cooking and doing dishes, reading scripture and listening to talks and playing with my boys.  Josh, Adam and I spent an hour or so out on the trampoline this afternoon enjoying the warmth.  We practiced lots of tricks like star jumps, rollie-pollies, pikes, splits, and chased each other around and around.  I enjoyed listening to Adam  chatter and Josh bowling me over with hugs and kisses.  We finished up with ninja moves and airplanes.  I needed it today....as selfish as that is.  I need to take more time to play.

My days start around 6:30 am with piano lessons and doesn't end until late with homework.  Most days, I go to bed with an untidy house and exhausted but usually knowing that I did all I could that day.  It's okay.  I know this is a season.  It is hard and stress is abundant and rest seems to allude me more than I would like.

With all that, I am seeing blessings everyday.  Whether it is accomplishing more laundry than I planned, or having the kids help out without complaining (every once in a while), or having to get up in the night  with Adam less, they are blessings and they seem to come when I need them. For that I am grateful.

3 comments:

Ann said...

We DO need to play! Love you!

Heather said...

Taking time to play with your children is one of THE most important things you can do. It is not selfish- it blesses them more than it blesse you.

Heather said...

Taking time to play with your children is one of THE most important things you can do. It is not selfish- it blesses them more than it blesse you.