Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Lazy Sunday

Maryn took this picture of us this afternoon as we ate our dessert outside on the back porch! We have very few pics of Eric and I together anymore. Someone has to be the photographer! Anyway, not too bad. We are loving out new home. We are finally getting all settled in...the fleas are gone and things are coming right. I love being out here in the country! It is so peaceful! The kids play like mad all day long and by the end of the day are filthy from head to toe! I'm not kidding...you should see their bath water! They love being outside and going to feed the horses every night with dad! It's their little ritual! Maryn has fallen in love with bug and snakes...randomly enough. She finds them all over out here and is so delighted to learn about them and catch some of them and hold them for a while.
"Here, let me help you!" Maryn is such a little mommy. At Church, they say that she is the mommy of the nursery!

Caleb is the blackberry boy! He eats blackberrys like mad and seeing as they are EVERYWHERE here, he goes nuts! We got out and pick blackberries a few times a week in the evenings just around the farm. Caleb shovels them in by the handful and does not stop! Not even the thorns hold him back. Then, on the way back up the hill, he steals out of the bucket!

6 comments:

Claudia said...

These are darling pictures. I am so happy for you to be able to live your dream. I wish all my kids could do the same. It's hard to take the country out of my kids even though they live in the city still. Thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

Janiner!! What gorgeous children you have! I can't believe Bryn is home already, where did the time go? Brent is released tomorrow, but I won't see him for a few more weeks. He's going to Alabama to visit my folks first before returning home to Colorado. I wish I had known you were in Colorado not too long ago, I would have loved to get together!! Well, next time, I suppose! Miss you!
-Heida

Rachel Holloway said...

SOOO cute! I love those lazy Sundays...although it feels like we have had so few of them lately. :) You guys look great!

Bree said...

Such cute pictures! I cannot believe how much Maryn and Caleb have grown! You and Eric look great too!

Kari said...

Janine I love all the pictures, your kids sure are adorable. Fun to see the updates and glad that you are liking your new home, sounds great.

Marc Gilchrist said...

Hi!

I was excited to find your blog on the Goldings website. Where are you guys now? Your kids are so cute! We're in Provo while Marc finshes his Masters (09) at BYU. Email us an update and you can check out our blog at marcandbrooke.logisity.org

Blog Archive