i have been waiting for it. i have been watching as the aspens outside my window have turned from a lush green to a golden and now crunchy tan color. but the weather has still been very warm. but this morning as i hurriedly herded the children out the door, it hit me. that nip in the air. that change that says, "fall is here." yay. i'm ready for it to be a little cooler. i love the anticipation of the holidays around the corner. i love making soups. i've been sewing like a mad woman already trying to get christmas gifts done.
i will say, i've been thinking much of oregon lately. the spectacular colors and honey crisp apples from the apple farm. i miss you apples. and beautiful oregon fall.
but tonight we will join eric at work for an elk bugling-horse-drawn hayride. i know, how does he go to work everyday? the kids are practicing their bugles. i'm trying to help them realize that their skills must be saved for when dad says. not everyone is going to love 3 extra buglars (yes, joshie is included in that) along for the ride.
so autumn, you are here. i love you. stay a while.
4 comments:
Hey! I love Fall too! I was so excited when I woke up this morning and it was actually COLD!
I was wondering, how much do you charge for a sitting? I would love for you to take some family pictures for our little family of three. But I couldn't find anyhwere how much you charge. Let me know. katabing@hotmail.com Thanks!
I wish CA would cool off soon. We are still in the 100s and it is HOT. I can't wait for fall to begin here. It's my favorite season. I was thinking about you the other day. I believe that while we were living in Rexburg you and your mom did an enrichment on how to cook a butternut squash. I believe it was your mom, I could be wrong. I think it was a butternut squash soup. I was wondering if I could get the recipe for that, it was very good the last time I had it years ago. You can email it to me at michelesroberts@gmail.com Thanks!
OK, so this is Jamie Crocker's wife, Carly, and this has nothing to do with your post. I'm the one who hates blogger and expressed my frustration on our blog. Thank you for the suggestion to get windows live writer, but I have a question about posting videos. Does it have to go through youtube? and can you make it private somehow? Thanks!
Im not going to lie...I hate the cold. But lucky for you, I still love you.
Post a Comment