this is probably going to turn out to be quite a random post. as before, i had a really busy week. i made 18 chair covers for primary which consumed a good part of my week as well as finally finishing 2008 family blog book. i have not received the printed copy yet but i am SSOOOOO excited to get it. i compiled all our family pictures of 2008 (okay, not all....but the best ones....i had thousands!) and interspersed them with the relevent posts from 2008 - about 50 of them. i am so excited about it because since i got married, i have been awful about journal keeping and putting this book together, i enjoyed going back and reading funny little stories that i had forgotten about and never would have recorded if it had not been for blogging. so, while everyone else seems to be trying to cut down their blogging habit, i feel more reassured than ever that it is a worthwhile activity. i printed a book for our family as well as one for each of our kids...to give them one day as a wedding present with all my other years of blog books. plus, i don't feel the obligation to do their individual books because they have all of their books piled into one. now, this book was nothing fancy and took no real talent. i would really encourage you to do one. shutterfly, snapfish, costco, whatever you like....i've used costco in the past, they've been great and affordable but i am now using winkflash (they also have 6 cents prints!). they don't have as advanced a website as some of the others but i use photoshop elements for most of my putting the book together so that didn't matter. they run occasional sales every few months that rock! the most recent was hard covered 8x10 books (up to 100 pages) for $19.95. I opted for the 12x12 book...mine was 93 pages and i paid $29.95 each. if you are curious, let me know and i'll let you log into my account and take a look at what i did. trust me...not fancy...but it got the job done. in my mind, i would love to do everything with flare and style but when it comes down to it, i am more practical than anything. wow, i really took that subject and ran with it didn't i?
5 comments:
Janine
I would love to look at the book. I have been doing mine on artscow and it is about the same price for a 30 page book. So I'd love to see what a 100 page book looks like. Did you copy and paste the posts into it, or how did you do that?
Marci
or if you do it through Blurb you can just input your whole blog, pictures and all, and then delete posts and pics you don't want and edit right there. Am still working on mine, but am excited to finish it!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOURS!
I have just found out about publishing my blog to a book and want to back up the first year of blogging. It has everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING that we did the first year of Christian's life and I didn't keep a journal so that is all I have. I am a little intimidated by the task though, so any pointers and advice would be greatly appreciated!! I would love to see yours, if it isn't too much of a hassle!
I too would love to look at the book. What a cool idea. I bet your kids are going to LOVE looking through it.
That is so awesome! I have actually been thinking about doing that myself but I might wait till a little later in the year. Thanks for the info!
Post a Comment