Tuesday, January 27, 2009

thrilled

for a long time now, there has been a little girls dressed that i have shamelessly coveted from shabby apple.  {adorable}. but as you may assume our current financial situation is less than favorable so spending that much on a dress for little sweets was just out of the question.  then, the other day, as i was looking for fabric online for my bags, i happened upon the exact fabrics this little dress was made of and i have to say, i couldn't resist!!! then faced with the challenge of finding a pattern and coming up with nothing that seemed to work, i recruited my amazing mom who helped me work out a pattern from a picture. don't tell anyone, but i think my version turned out cuter, slightly puffier sleeves (i'm with anne shirley on this one -- more puff is better!). anyway, i share this with you not to confirm what a cheapy i am, but maryn was so cute the entire time. she loved being measured, trying on for pinnings, and especially the finished product. she didn't want to take it off to go to bed. she was dancing and prancing all over the house singing, 'happy, happy, happy...etc.' by the time i got up this morning, she was back in the dress.  i could not ask for a sweeter, more appreciative reaction. this girl makes any effort worthwhile!!! (plus, it didn't hurt that my grand total came out to $8!)

DSC_0608

curtsy

DSC_0606

tuckered out from the excitement

i have mentioned before how caleb LOVES his 'hamma' (gramma). it's not hard to believe why....

DSC_0610

'hamma' sets him up with everything he needs to do his "work"....drills, screwdrivers, diego on in the background, his very own plank of wood...what more could an enthusiastic woodworker ask for! (before you call child services, you should know that this activity was fully supervised!)

maryn and i also went to emma's salon today for haircuts! maryn LOVED the pampering complete with scalp massage and a haircut just like auntie aury's! i'll put pics of my new do up tomorrow after she does the color.

13 comments:

Hailey Vial said...

Very cute indeed. CC is super excited to see her friends on here. She sure misses Maryn and Caleb.

lynsey said...

fantastic dress! when can i order one for my soon to be little girl?? seriously you could make a living just off of that & start beefing up that bank account!

Rachel Holloway said...

SERIOUSLY SO CUTE!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Kari said...

That dress is adorable!! I love the fabric. Way to go! I'm impressed you guys could just make up a pattern for it.

Heidi said...

Ok I'm with Lysney on this one, you should sell your creations! You are super talented and I would love to buy a dress (even though I don't have a girl yet!!). Seriously consider it?? I don't know what you would sell them for to make it worth it, but anyway. Can't wait to see pictures of the new do! Oh, and I am only in day 3 and am seriously hurting... does it get any better??

Marci Ward said...

The dress turned out AMAZING! So cute, you are so talented! You really could sell them. Way to go on only costing 8 bucks! you are great!

Bree said...

Janine! Amazing job on the dress, it is DARLING!!!

janae said...

Janine! How did I now know how talented you are? I love Shabby Apple, and this dress does not disappoint. I can't believe you found the SAME fabric! I'm on the hunt now!

janae said...

Okay... so how much would you charge? Seriously! Email me at janae.ashton@gmail.com!

Marcy M Miller said...

What a cute dress, I love the fabric, where did you find the material?

Harrigfeld said...

Hey how are you? This is Tori (Welch). My mom found yours and told me to get on. Your kids are so cute and look just like you!! I heard that you are moving or moved back to Colorado. That is fun. I don't think that I could talk my cowboy into moving home. I don't know though- he is going back to school to teach so we could be home soon!!

Sarah said...

GORGEOUS! And, actually, I'm not sure if I'm talking about Maryn or the dress...hmm, I think BOTH! Nice job!

Brooke said...

I do want to do know/ see your account of how you did your blog book. Can you email me the what I need to do to see how you did it?
brookegilchrist@gmail.com

Blog Archive