Tuesday, January 6, 2009

light

we made an impromptu stop at temple square on the way home from idaho as i had never seen the christmas lights....and i tell you, it was well worth the stop!  it was absolutely beautiful.  

2008 12 28 015

2008 12 28 019

2008 12 28 017_edited-1 

as part of our stop, we took the children into the visitor's center.  as we entered the room with the 'christus' statue, the warmth and feeling just enveloped me.  there were at least 100 people in the room.  maryn could barely see the top of the statue towering over the crowd and she took off.  she was weaving in and out of people with a sort of urgency to get a better look.  when she got to the front, she stood just entralled at this beautiful statue.  i thought a lot about what it must have been like when the saviour visited the people in america and how the children reacted probably trying desperately to get a better look just as maryn.  i am looking forward to the day when i will be with my children at the feet of the saviour.  

2008 12 28 021

2008 12 28 022_edited-1

2008 12 28 023_edited-1

2008 12 28 024

2008 12 28 028

2008 12 28 029

2008 12 28 030

9 comments:

Sarah said...

It is the best isn't it! Seeing those pictures really makes me want to go again soon!

mahina said...

gorgeous! i love that sweet maryn of yours!

Ammons Family said...

I have never seen the lights on Temple Square. I need to do that someday. I am so glad you had the opportunity to see them. What a neat experience.

Hailey Vial said...

It's good to see your cute faces. What a fun family you have, boy Joshua is getting bigger. I love the hair color. You look beautiful. Hope you are doing well, CC sends Maryn and Caleb a big CC "Hello!"

Stephanie said...

I miss those kids! What a neat story. I'll have to remember to get my family down there soon. What a neat moment to share together. And I still love your hair

Kate Perkes said...

Cute Pictures, and what a fun thing to have experienced together. I am SO BUMMED we missed you guys when you were here! Arg, I was so sad when I saw that you had called. Hopefully next time we can snag sometime. I am so glad we got to see you at Sams though. Your kids are so cute, and that baby is to die for.

Mandy said...

I love going to Temple Square at Christmas it is so breathtaking! I'm glad you made the stop it is definitely worth it

Ryan & Keri said...

Glad you could stop in. I LOVE Temple Square. And I love what you wrote about the Savior and little children. They really do remind us that we should do everything we can, as quickly as we can, to keep ourselves close to the Savior.

Unknown said...

I sure miss you cute kids. Paula

Blog Archive