Friday, January 16, 2009

me + busy = happy

i remember a time during my last pregnancy when i felt as though i was going to die and i wanted to die and i couldn't imagine EVER feeling like doing ANYTHING ever again! well, i am pleased to say that i am passed that and i love how busy i am.  i have tons of little projects going all the time and ALWAYS have something that i feel like doing!  here are a few things that we have been up to:

  • going on dates with my hunny (I KNOW - free babysitting - can't beat that!)
  • swimming with the kids at the rec center...where i had the shocking experience of seeing my scantily-clad body in a full-length mirror--needless to say, i'm joining my hunny's p90x venture on monday...desperate times call for desperate measures (oh and did i mention that i pulled a muscle trying to do a pullup...i couldn't even do one!)
  • SEWING - look forward to the launch of my new business - A GIVEAWAY COMING SOON!!!!
  • COOKING - making up for 9 months of not enjoying a single bite and having to taste it twice!!
  • digital scrapbooking....turning last year's blog into a scrapbook
  • making over my blog...i don't have a home to decorate anymore so i needed to get out some of my 'need-to-decorate' energy
  • cooing over my yummy baby...who is currently sad...don't think he's feeling well:(

2009 01 08 009

three months old!  can you believe it?  this baby's eyes just SPARKLE!2009 01 08 006

2009 01 08 025

he is the drooliest baby i have ever had so this web of gob hanging from his mouth is very typical!2009 01 08 014

  • and POTTY TRAINING! hooray! caleb just up and decided that he was ready for his 'thomas' undies and hasn't looked back since.  he's been diaper-free since monday and has only had a few accidents the first days...he hasn't had an accident for 3 days now!!  after a proud moment on the toilet, he announces, "momma, me go poop--big, big HUGE! go tell gwamma!"  'gwamma' has been the lifesaver with this endeavor as she seems to be the only one who reacts with the appropriate amount of enthusiasm for each accomplishment and also gives the right kind of treats!  I mean really, who would come to mom and dad and earn a few meesley m&m's when 'gwamma' hands out candy bars! this boy's no dummy!

2009 01 16 0172009 01 16 018

the big, big, huge boy, himself -- taking a picture of me2009 01 08 017

this is one of my favorite 'maryn looks'

2009 01 08 015

7 comments:

Grace said...

loved the new photos. so cute! Are you in Idaho still or are you in Colorado?

Holly said...

I LOVE your new banner! So cute! What a cute family you are! Janine, you are so talented, I'm looking forward to updates on all your little projects! :)

Bridget said...

Very cute pics.You look great too Janine! Not just your kids.

I wish I had more time to do all my home projects. Right now I"m in school renewing my nursing license and doing clinical hours. Fun but crazy.

The Thompsons said...

Your kids are adorable! I love that Maryn look as well! So you made it to Colorado?? How is it going??? It was so fun to see you guys!

Heidi said...

I'm sad we didn't get to meet up while I was there. But it looks like you guys are settled in nicely and enjoying being with the fam. I, too, am looking forward to all of your many projects! We could be P90X buddies! My hubby wants to do it as well, and since I still have some baby chubb hanging around, I figured I should join in. We won't be starting it for another week or so though.

Rachel Holloway said...

So fun!! YES, SHOOT ME YOUR EMAIL--I can't find it. I will get you added, no prob!!

Glad you are making up for lost time...free dates, yummy food, happy family! YEAH!!

And that Maryn look--TOTALLY Eric!! :)

mahina said...

i know i've said it several times already, but that baby of yours is a mini-caleb! adorable! and way to caleb! kawena decided to up and potty train last week too! she's been in panties since a week ago thursday and only had a few accidents! she even stays dry for her naps! we do diapers at night, but she has woken up 2 morning completely dry! it amazes me how some kids just get it!! i'm happy to only have one in diapers!!

glad you don't feel like dying anymore and that you are happy to be busy! there a great benefits to living in gwamma's house! i wish we could have live in babysitters!!

Blog Archive