Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tumbily Tumbleweed












Eric not wanting to have his picture taken!

Realizing that there was no point in opposing!


Giving in to his more mature side!
Last night, I walk in the door to find Eric on the bed--not moving very much--trying to do his work. He proceeded to tell me that he was out feeding the horses as usual and he was on Sue (yes, the one who was recently hit by a car) bareback with nothing but a halter (the thing that goes on the heads to lead them...but not the one with a bit that goes in their mouths therefore giving you control of their head) on her and he was riding around the fence checking it. The horses seemed nervous and flighty because they are kind of wousy that way and the sound of the wind blowing in the trees seemed to be scaring them.

So, he was riding along and all of a sudden, something gave them a big fright and all the horses took off....Eric managed to hold Sue back although she reared up because he was pulling back on her so hard trying to keep it together. Hi-yo Silver! Next, she got another fright and just took off. Now, you must know that Sue is a FAST horse and she just ran flat out...Eric at this point was hanging on for dear life and secretly enjoying the thrill of his joyride as he realized the fence in front of him was approaching faster than he would have liked and as she arrived at the fence, she took a sharp turn only Eric kept on going and flew over the fence (according to Bro. Vial - Eric thought he went through it) and rolled about 6 feet. When he realized he wasn't dead, he got up and started feeling around to see if he was still intact...by this time, Bro. Vial had flown down the hill to see if he was hurt. Eric couldn't tell anything but I am pleased to report that the first words that came out of his mouth were, "Janine's going to kill me!"

So, I am sad for Eric because he is very ow-y but actually quite pleased that I was given first consideration!!!! I guess I'm heartless.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's times like these when a little sympathy can go a long way. Too bad we just aren't capable! : ) Tell Eric to feel better. Maybe I'll bring you guys over a treat tonight.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Oh, poor guy! I hope he feels better!

Bridget said...

Yikes. Sounds scary. If you need a detour Stephanie on the way, we are just about out of chocolate around here which is a cardinal sin in my book.

mahina said...

wow! that's quite an adventure! poor guy! it sounds like it would have been fun to watch, though! is that mean to say??!

Darilyn said...

I agree with Mahina. That was my first thought, "darn, how come I couldn't have seen that?" I hope he feels better soon.

janine said...

I know, I thought that when I was writing about it...it would be a lot cooler to have a video or even action sequence to tell the story instead of the lame pics of him in pain afterward. Oh well. Maybe I'll arm Bro. Vial with a camera or something.

Merilee said...

Man, that sounds serious. It looks like he'll be OK though. I would have been pleased with that first thought too. At least he has his priorities straight.

RocketBox Boy said...

It sounds like Eric is ready for bull riding. Hope he gets to feeling better.

Andrea said...

Wow!!! That is too scary for me. Tell Eric that humans don't have nine lives.

Ryan & Keri said...

Janine, I don't know if you remember me. We were in high school and young women's together. I found your blog from Heidi's blog, and wanted to say "hi". Your family is beautiful and you seem happy as always. I hope everyone is well. Take care.
Keri Allred (McLeish)
http://ryanandkeriallred.blogspot.com

Blog Archive